How fortunate are we to have the privilege of working alongside industry visionaries like Melbourne Airport’s Wendi Pearce? As Head of Marketing, Wendi is committed to bringing to life the airport’s vision: creating an airport Melbourne can be proud of. How does she do it? Simple. She puts the customer at the centre of the airport experience at every touchpoint.
We are delighted to have collaborated with Wendi on this large scale segmentation of 10,000 domestic and international travellers which aimed to better understand the customer and strategically future-proof the airport. Her dedication and tenacity when it comes to the airport vision are inspiring and made this journey a truly remarkable one.
Safe to say, this piece had impact. But don’t take our word for it. In true customer-centric fashion, we‘ll let our client tell you:
What was the impact:
“The development of an infrastructure and service delivery strategy for the next generation of travellers.” – Wendi Pearce: Head of Marketing at Melbourne Airport
What we did: Traveller Segmentation
- Informed WHO Melbourne Airport travellers are, WHAT they want and HOW Melbourne Airport can improve their end-to-end experience
- Defined size and value of traveller segments
- Uncovered behaviour, influences and pain points across key touchpoints
- Developed and prioritised key short term and long term actions to enhance and commercialise airport offerings
- Used the voice of the travellers to inform strategic modifications to airport design
- Co-created strategies to bring Melbourne to the airport and execute the airport’s vision: “Creating an airport Melbourne can be proud of.”
- Uncovering design elements (art/culture, taste/smell, sporting capital, accessibility, personal/political, natural/built environment and may more) that create a sense of place at the airport
- Determine desired innovation initiatives at the airport to enhance the traveller experience
How we did it: Segmented 10,000 international and domestic travellers; conducted over 50 in-depth interviews with core traveller segments; customer experience; persona profiling; traveller forecasting; spend analysis; retail configuration
Thanks for taking us on the journey with you, Wendi – we couldn’t be more proud to be co-creating the airport of the future!
In celebration of THINK’s 10 year anniversary, we are continuing to showcase 10 years of our work and the fantastic clients we have worked with along the way. Stay tuned for our next #clientlove post!