Full-time intern position ready for immediate start (6-month contract)
Are you obsessed with finding out what makes people tick? Are you curious and hard-working? Are you looking to start your career in market research?
THINK Global Research is a leading Melbourne-based market research agency who work with top-tier clients across a range of industries turning qualitative and quantitative insights into actions.
We are looking for an energetic person with a passion for market research to join our high-performing team on a 6 month contract with option to join the team full time on successful completion!
What is the role?:
- Supporting senior staff with developing research reports
- Moderating focus groups
- Conducting interviews
- Conducting secondary research
- Recruiting participants to take part in qualitative research
- Using excel to chart and graph data
- Analysing excel data files to find key customer insights
- Support senior staff with the development of metrics such as questionnaires
- Contributing positively to the office environment and work flow
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who brings a positive can-do attitude, initiative and creativity to the table. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Psychology (ideal but not necessary)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Basic data analysis skills
- Basic understanding of the end-to-end research process
- Experience or interest in conducting interviews/focus groups
- Confidence and professionalism over the phone
- Customer-service experience
- Interest in market research
- Highly organised
- Not afraid of a challenge
- ABOVE ALL: Positive attitude, eager to learn, hard-working and detail oriented with strong initiative
To be eligible, you will be a permanent Australian resident living in Melbourne and be able to work full time.
- 6-month paid contract starting immediately
- Work in our South Melbourne office (complete with fancy Breville espresso machine!)
- 9am – 6pm Monday through Friday
- *Salary to be discussed at final interview
Some things you will learn:
- How to operate in an agency work environment
- How to work within a team of vibrant researchers and marketers
- How global research projects are carried out from start to finish
- How to derive compelling insights from the data
We value all of our new hires and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a rich learning experience that fits your career goals. You will receive formal training but mostly learning on the job (we believe in real-world experience!).
Note: Some of our previous consultants have even gone on to work for some of the most successful large corporations in the country e.g. Coles, NAB, Kraft Heinz and Google. Others have grown within the business as Senior Project Managers and are now client-facing as they continue to gain seniority and responsibility at THINK.
We will be contacting candidates for interviews over the next 10 days. If you are contacted, you will be asked to prepare a small research presentation and if successful, will be invited to come into our South-Melbourne office for a 1-hour interview with our Manager Director.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com please use “Market Research Consultant 2018/2019” and your first name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The team at THINK