Today is International Women’s Day! This year the theme is #BeBoldForChange encouraging both men and women to take daring actions to improve gender equality. Whether this be diminishing gender bias, promoting equality, reducing the pay gap and advancing women in all areas; politically, socially or economically.
Here at TH?NK we like to see ourselves as cowgirls, we are fearless in what we do and the goals we set ourselves. We act boldly and are committed to going the extra mile to succeed.
To celebrate International Women’s Day we are giving you our 8 #LadyBosses, women who we think act Boldly
8. Meryl Streep – Actress and Philanthropist
‘People will say to me, ‘You’ve played so many strong women’ and I’ll say, ‘Have you ever said to a man, ‘You’ve played so many strong men?’ No! Because the expectation is [men] are varied. Why can’t we have that expectation about women?’
7. Marissa Mayers – CEO of Yahoo!
‘I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough’
6. Beyonce – Singer, Songwriter and Actress
‘Who run the world? GIRLS’
5. Michelle Obama – American First Lady 2009-2017
‘There is no limit to what we, as women can accomplish
4. Leymah Gbowee– Liberian peace activist, Noble peace prize winner for women’s rights and safety
‘When women gather, great things will happen’
3. Emma Watson – US Ambassador, Feminist and Actress
‘I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling’
2. Rose Batty – Australian Domestic Violence Campaigner and Australian of the Year
‘People judge you, people tell you what you should do. You do the best you can’
And our unbiased number 1 #LadyBoss is Kristy Ihle, our bold Founder and Managing director here at TH?NK Global
1. Kristy Ihle – Founder and Managing Director of TH?NK Global
‘You want something done? Ask a busy woman’
Stayed tuned for some #bold thought leadership content starring this inspirational woman in leadership