Cloaked by an unassuming, neon-lit laundromat in King Street, Newtown you’ll find a manner of things not typically associated with your local dry cleaner. Think an invite-only, secret space you need to be ‘in the know’ about, complete with speakeasy bar and underground pool hall. Such was the setting for the Politix “After Dark” brand repositioning campaign, inspired by their recent AW19 collection.
IMMERSIVE BRAND EXPERIENCES – A SENSORY WHIRLWIND
This is Exhibit A of an immersive brand experience – a concept that continues to make waves in the retail sphere and across marketing campaigns globally. Combining physical, emotional and digital touchpoints to create sensory experiences enables a closer bond between the consumer and brand.
TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE – LET’S GET PERSONAL
It’s about aspirational marketing – think about your target audience, their aspirations and what YOU want to associate with your brand. Then build an experience that is:
- Multisensory – it’s about deeply engaging ALL the senses; what your consumers see, touch, feel, hear and smell.
- Goal-oriented – the whole project needs to have a clear goal and purpose beyond just the event itself, including social media hype before and long-after the event.
- Authentic – an experience that is original and unique, but authentic to make customers feel as though they have entered another world.
- Connected – it’s one thing to have a fun event, but when consumers feel it has been personalised for them, they are more likely to recommend to others in their circle.
- Unexpected – create a ‘surprise and delight’ that evokes suspense and mystery – think speakeasy disguised as a laundromat.
CREATE GENUINE FOMO (FEAR OF MISSING OUT)!
Give the people something to get tongues wagging. Generate a social presence that embodies your brand, create a hashtag and make it something others want to engage with. Content that lives on online well after the event has ended is a tell-tale sign of success.
Speaking of success stories, let’s take a look at some of the media from the Politix “After Dark” event, met with rave reviews all round!
Lauren Irwin – Research Consultant